MY LOVER'S meatBALLS

I like to believe that I am a tolerable cook, but nobody makes better meatballs than my boyfriend. Since this is his favorite dish he mastered the recipe to perfection. There are numerous recipes for meatballs with different ingredients according to a certain region, but the recipe I am talking about is a very old traditional one specific to my part of the world.

The ingredients are: ground beef, a few small onions, 2 potatoes, 3 eggs, garlic, a thin leek, a generous bunch of dill and parsley, 3 slices of bread soaked in milk, salt and pepper.


 Like most men, my boyfriends dislikes cooking but when he really craves for meatball or shnitzel, nobody coold keep him away from the kitchen.



My boyfriend has a generous belly that he desperately wants to get rid of, but once every month he allows himself this meaty indulgence that goes lovely with mashed potatoes and a rich tomato salad. I am not a big fan of meatballs but I always enjoy watching a man in the kitchen, it's kinda my kinky fantasy.
 
 
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

nelu said...

i like cooking for my lover
anything

Laila Knight said...

That all sounds really delicious right now. I will try out this recipe. We cook for each other in this household too. :)

Orlando said...

I love the title and the recipe. Great post!

Lora R. Rivera said...

Oh mouthwatering! I haven't done meatballs in such a long time. I think it's going on this week's menu. Thanks!

Pinay Scribbles said...

ahahaha.. I love it when my boyfriend prepares the meal for me... :D

robert said...

I will have to give that recipe a try..it looks goood..

Botanist said...

My mouth is watering. Haven't cooked meatballs for ages - we usually have them with spaghetti, but mashed potatoes sounds good.

BTW thanks for following my blog. I tracked you down via Laila's where you left a comment. Often the "followers" icon doesn't link back to the owner's blog so I was stumped until now. Pleased to meet the blogger behind the picture.

Jade said...

unikorna I have all the ingredients tell me the procedure. Please I will try that tonight... please....

love2type said...

i just cooked meatballs for spaghetti the other day. didn't like it. probably because i made it. nyahahah

Whisppy said...

Oh my. I'm swallowing my saliva as I read your post. The meatballs sound absolutely delicious. I'm going to try making them one of these days. :)

Pegasuslegend said...

I eat meatballs just by the aroma , whereever they are they better save me one, its like the smell of popcorn to me no will power you have me wishing for one now!

I love your comment about mom, she was a huge part of why I blogging thank you for your comment it brought tears to my eyes... xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...