My Orgasmic Cake of Biscuits

My mom made me a biscuits cake when I turned 6 (because it was the cheapest version possible) and I was absolutely amazed how delicious it could be. Of course, the childhood food usually leaves a very deep print on our taste and later in life, however sumptuous culinary options we might have available, we always turn to mom's kitchen or granny's food.
Because the other day,  I was in desperate need of a chocolaty dessert I thought I'd make something simple. I bought some ordinary biscuits and softened them in a thick syrup made with melted sugar, coffee and some milk.
When the biscuits absorbed all the syrup, I used my hands and turned them into a very thin paste. Then I started to make the chocolate sauce with butter, sugar, melted black chocolate, vanilla, cocoa powder and coffee.
When they all perfectly blended together I poured it on the biscuits paste and mixed everything very thoroughly. It needs at least 4 hours in the fridge and then it can be relished with some raspberry sauce in top. You can imagine how orgasmic, the combination of black chocolate and sourish raspberries, can be :).
Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

Whisppy said...

This post made my mouth water! Yummy!

Sissym said...

This looks delicious!

Da Dude said...

Yum!! I'd eat your biscuits any day.

Have a great chocolaty biscuit day!

robert said...

ah jeeeezzz now I will have to go to the bakery to satisfy the craving.... :)

Abby said...

Hello from a new follower! I love your blog. That cake looks so yummy. I especially love the raspberry sauce! YUM! I'm sucker when it comes to anything raspberry.

Botanist said...

Oooh! I think I just drooled on my keyboard. For once, I can't blame it on my age :)

Sage said...

Oh. Mah. Goodness! I don't think I'dve ever thought to have a cake of biscuits! That's the most creative thing that I am DEFINITELY going to try soon! I'd like to test it before Thanksgiving :) (And then ON Thanksgiving.)

Thanks for the inspiration! You rock!

Laila Knight said...

Oh my God, that is just freakin delicious, and I'm trying to cut back on carbs and sugar. I can't bake that. I'd spend all day licking the plate...must save recipe for later. :)

love2type said...

i haven't tried/tasted the combination of black chocolate and sourish raspberries yet..

Lora R. Rivera said...

How do you manage this?? Whenever I try mashing things together in the kitchen, I always end up with some terrible consistency and barely palatable taste. Ugh.

But this looks OMG delicious. Gonna have to try it, you gorgeous food queen, you!

Pinay Scribbles said...

My boyfriend and I both love anything with raspberry! and this looks like really delicious! yum!

Eddel29 said...

Love the food! You’re amazing. This menu is fantastic:) It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Petro Neagu said...

That awesome cake would be the perfect dessert after my moms stuffed peppers :) Now it's your turn to make me drool all over my old laptop, hehe

xoxo

Grace said...

Oh mannn - I haven't had breakfast yet...you should open a cafe...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...