Snugging under the covers....







It's been 6 days and 3 hours since I last left my lairs and stepped into the  civilized world. The supplies are scarce and we've started wondering how could we reach the nearest shopping store, considering the fact that the cars are unusable, the roads are completely blocked, and the windy blizzard is laughingly playing with the stubborn tenacity of the few snow plows that are supposed to clear our way towards civilization.

If it were just a little bit less cold, we'd pull out our rubber boots and we'd swim our way out towards the unknown...But then again...I fear it's too cold to embark ourselves on such an adventurous journey. I have to admit it's mighty cozy snugging under the covers when you know everybody's on vacation the schools are closed and all the people stay inside like some sort of human hibernation.
Mister Miaw returned home pretty fast after reconsidering


Me and the shovel we've become pretty close friends lately on my almost useless attempt to fight with the snow, trying to clear my way towards the basement where our chickens are...
And because my feathery friends probably wanted to show their gratitude towards me, they laid a bunch of amazing eggs that I used to make a coffee cake.

With only 4 eggs, a large cup of sugar, a large cup of flour, 3 spoons of powdered coffee and 4 spoons of oil I baked a pretty amazing cake that, unfortunately has been eaten mostly by a neighbor who briefly visited us to inform about the roads situation.

16 comments:

Maureen said...

That's a big cake - your neighbour must have been very hungry. It's very pretty. It looks REALLY cold!

Robert Bourne said...

my heart goes out to you..that kind of weather is all to common here..so I know the struggles your going through.....

Dolly's Daily Diary said...

I can relate to that feeling of hibernating and feeling cozy when you know everyone else is. We have had our share of blizzards here in New England too. I just hope things clear up a quickly so that your able to get out and about.
Sending you a {Warm Hug}
Janet :)

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello:
Gosh, you are doing very well to be managing with your own supplies after all this time. And, to have created such a delicious looking cake too.

Your snowy pictures make us wistful for Budapest where the snow is also deep. In Brighton there is not even a snowflake!

Da Dude said...

Looks yummie. The next time you bake let me know. I'll jump in the snow plow and make my way there to get some cake:-)

I wonder..are snow plows submersible? I'd have to drive under the ocean to get to Romania.

((hugs))
Steve

Whisppy said...

We bet your neighbor could smell the delicious aroma of the coffee cake. The "roads situation" was just an excuse to get in the house and eat the cake. :)

Bonnie said...

Sorry your neighbor ate most of your yummy cake. I also love a day to stay snuggled up in the bed, but of course my weather is not even close to your winter wonderland. BRR!

Stay warm and hopefully it will warm up and melt away so you can get out. I don't blame your Mister Miaw though I think he was crazy to even attempt to leave the house. :)

Bonnie said...

Pssstttt......unikorna,

do not visit my Cajun Blog as you might want to beat me if you saw my lack of winter. I will say it is much colder here of late, but still nothing to what you have.

Botanist said...

That cake sounds good! Could you add a few lines of instructions to go with the ingredients?

Take care, your winter looks pretty, but sounds tough.

YONKS said...

You neighbour seems to be out of supplies totally and could smell thar cake a mile away! Don't answer the door next time :-)
Di
X

Catherine said...

It is just amazing how all that snow falls in one place!! I pray that spring comes early to you. Please be safe and warm.
Your coffee cake does look delicious and it seems that your neighbor knows a good thing when he sees it.

Blessings my dear one, Catherine xoxo

virginia said...

All I can say is YUM!! That looks just delish... Even though you were snowed in and cold, Your pictures make the snow look so beautiful... I remember in my young years, living in Colorado, snow days.. It was just dreary having not to much to do inside, I was an outside kid... I hope spring comes incredibly soon for you and, the food pictures are making me hungry....

Joy said...

The cake looks really yummy!

The Sage Butterfly said...

I like to stay warm and cozy as well when it is cold and snowy outside. You made the best of it with your yummy treat. I am not sure we will get snow this winter...seems as spring is coming early...

love2type said...

read the news about so many people dying in cold Europe. :( take care over there

Lora R. Rivera said...

Lol! What a nice neighbor... Although I must admit that coffee cake has always been a weakness of mine. *sigh* Try to stay warm, love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...