Breakfast Epiphanies

Because I usually wake up very late (I go to bed long after midnight), I never feel the need to eat breakfast. But I take delight in preparing it for my boyfriend even if he enjoys it around lunch. He still appreciates it. Today, for the very first time this year, we used the opportunity to have our first outdoor breakfast-lunch in the garden.

In the countryside people don't care much for discretion. They stare a lot and usually drop by uninvited and sometimes even forget to leave in spite of numerous subtle suggestions one might care to make.
 Sometimes when we're barbecuing, neighbors drop by unannounced and don't live until we offer a generous portion of grilled meat. That's why when we eat outside, we put our table somewhere hidden behind the shrubs in the garden to prevent unwanted approaches from our nagging neighbors. Now and then we welcome good company and some sparkling conversation but mostly we love our solitary life, we simply adore spending time just the two of us, no friends, no family....just us.







                                                                            And today, enjoying our garden breakfast I realized how much I missed its pleasant ritual. The smell of fresh toast, the steaming tea with a hint of lemon and .. the man I love...

14 comments:

Petro Neagu said...

Hahaha!
That's us, Romanians, very nosy :)
But then again, we pay it back through (sometimes excessive) hospitality.
Just place a very high fence with thorns on top and you'll be safe :)
xoxo

Shaharoh said...

There is nothing like the company of your significant other. Nothing like the sound of the outdoors and the beauty of the sunlight. There is something so inviting about the absence of others who only distract and take away from those precious moments. You're quite the cook! xoxo!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We like our privacy as well. Thankfully we don't have people drop by unannounced. Don't think we'll like that at all.

Sissym said...

Probably your neighbors feel the smell of a barbecue .... maybe you cook well! About that dog looking at dish on the table: he invited himself?! lol

hugs

unikorna said...

The dog is a lady, she is my lady Betty and she is my most beloved girl in the world. I gave her a brownie because her eyes begged us to :).

Botanist said...

We haven't quite reached the eating outdoors time of year yet, so I'm envious. In summer, we practically live outdoors on the deck. Very secluded and set back from the road, so no problems with uninvited guests.

That breakfast looks delicious! I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Janet Gardner said...

That breakfast does look delightful! I am with you, I enjoy just being with my family, no intruders! Very sweet post :)
Hugs
Janet

Joy said...

So sweet!:) it's nice to know that you get to enjoy a wonderful meal outside the house after a long winter spell.

Suzanne Bean said...

The food looks delicious and I love the photos. The dog in one of the pictures is precious, looking so passionately at what will not eat or perhaps be given under the table.
Funny, where I live people wouldn't think of coming by uninvited, so I love hearing stories about other people' experience with their neighbors.
Always wonderful to visit your blog.
Blessings!!!

Catherine said...

My dearest. I am happy that you are able to enjoy the nice weather after that harsh winter you experienced.
Your breakfast preparation looks wonderful and healthy. Blessings my dear, Catherine xo

tony berkman said...

That's an incredible looking breakfast.

love2type said...

that's a very delicious breakfast..

Buffy Armstrong said...

Wow, that looks amazing. We have a screened in backporch that we spend most of our summers in. It always makes me feel content.

Pinay Scribbles said...

Lovely!
I am not a morning person so I mostly never eat breakfast... Hate preparing it too! :P Most of the time Fré makes breakfast for us.

I can't wait for the sun to show again! I love eating in the garden! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...