My twelve year crush

Exactly 12 years ago, one sunny afternoon, I was crossing the street on my way to my father's country house. It was a very hot day and I was very distracted ...
When the car hit me, I remember being very much amazed about the way my body was rolling around in the air, with the greatest of ease, like the astonishing act of a most proficient gymnast. I don't recall much else, aside from a very painful fall and a lot of blood gushing from my right temple like a geyser.
Our very first getaway in a mountain chalet
 What I do remember, most vividly, is the presence of a very interested party, a most efficient gentleman who was pressing a cloth against my head wound. Almost numb from the pain, I recollect him carrying me to the car that hit me and instructing the driver to take me urgently to the nearest hospital.
 I remember trying to find him for a month and a half, with no success whatsoever. The only information I had about him was his first name and also that he managed a restaurant somewhere in the city.
In vain I put my journalistic skills to good use, inquiring lots of restaurants in the city about a certain gentleman...having a certain name...My attempts were unfruitful and useless. I had almost given up, when the idiotic driver responsible for hitting me, found in a pocket the gentleman's business card offered to him in case police would have required the presence of a witness.
During our first phone conversation, I presented my gratitude for his benevolent intervention and expressed my most ardent wish to make his acquaintance..

It's almost useless to say that, when we met, he felt unable to resist my charms and thus...here we are 12 years later. The day of the accident was also his birthday the 28th of May, so it's a double celebration...
 
Besides preparing him the most astonishing chocolate cake (called Amandina), I'd also like to wish him to be healthy, happy and always in love...preferably with me :).
This cake is also for my sister Lily, who also celebrates her birthday today..
I love you sweetie!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

20 comments:

Catherine said...

Goodness ~ what a story! Beautiful. And what a cake! Yum!

I'm so glad everything turned out as it did. A day to celebrate indeed!

xo Catherine

Comment1 said...

Wow, what a day! I guess getting hit by a car was a bit of bitterness, but a nice chocolate cake can take care of that!

Creepy Query Girl said...

aw. I love love stories, especially true ones and the way you two met is most definitely unique!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Petronela:
Many, many congratulations. What a wonderful story and surely a case of 'All's Well That Ends Well'.

And, by the way, the cake looks positively delicious!!

Milan said...

Thanks for sharing your especial moment....it's really nice

Petro Neagu said...

Yours is such a lovely, touching love story. It sounds magical, from a love story movie or book, so romantic...Your whole life seems full of romance and I really envy and admire it as well.
Happy anniversary! I wish you many, many wonderful years together in good health and perfect harmony.
And Happy Birthday to Lily! You girls are such good cooks, the cake looks absolutely delicious, take it from a sweets addict :)

Kisses

Sissym said...

Dear friend, that is a beautiful story. It's so curious how God puts people in our lives. The photographs are so beautiful, your country must be very charming.

Congrats for 12 years and birthday!

Kisses

Grace said...

Happy Birthday to All! And Happy Anniversary (of sorts).

otilius said...

Wow! Great story!
Happy Birthday to all, too.

:-]

Delia E said...

Many happy returns to both your beloved boyfriend and sister!!! I had no idea it was precisely on his birthday that the whole "accident" happened... It was not by accident, it seems. Hugs and kisses!!!

Scarlett Knight said...

I gave you a little shout-out on my blog today, Unikorna! <3 http://scarlettknightblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/100-posts.html

Suzanne Bean said...

When destiny calls!!!! What a beautiful story and you with such heart felt persistence that completely opened my heart!!! You are an amazing woman. What a lucky guy!!! Big hug!!!

Joy said...

What an interesting way to meet your special someone! Happy Birthday to your beloved and to your sister. :)

YONKS said...

What an amazing story! Shame you had to go through such a painful experience to meet the love of your life, fate can sometimes be a cruel mistress!
Di
X

Delia E said...

I've opened this page again... in an attempt, an HONEST attempt to forgive you - but I can't. I could have forgiven you for the cake itself, but the chocolate leaves are simply more than I can bear :D

unikorna said...

:)))))))))))))I promise you my dearest, if you come next week I shall make one just like that and only for Delia's sweet lips :). I promise you, it's just as you like it...:)

The Furries of Whisppy said...

What a fantastic story! May there be many many more years of the both of you together. :)

klahanie said...

What a positive, upbeat story you have shared. Some profound synchronicity and proof that love has no boundaries.
Awesome and may you both have a peaceful day :)

Janet Gardner said...

That is a great love story, even though it started out with you being hit!! You two were meant to be, no doubt about it. Love the pictures!
Janet :)
xoxo

Catherine said...

Such a romantic story. It could be a movie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...