How Google messed up my week-end

I haven't posted lately, because I have been very frustrated with Google's recent "improvement" to its Blogger platform. Apparently it's much more efficient for them to allocate to each blog a specific URL according to the country. I am currently located in Romania, so the address of my blog changed from .com to .ro.

 This entire affair determined a lot of unwanted effects to all the bloggers affected by Google's transformations. As you may notice, a lot of my blog gadgets don't function any longer, not to mention the fact that my Alexa ranking turned to sh1t. So I am sure you understand my shitty attitude. I've even considered moving my blog to Wordpress, but it turns out it's a lot of hard work and you know me..I am always running away from hard work. 
I acknowledge my abhorrence to hard work every morning. When I open my eyes, the first things that I see are some friggin' window curtains that are in desperate need of dusting and probably washing...The spiders that comfortably reside in their drapery are so fat and juicy that it actually made me wonder...what the hell do they eat? There are no flies yet..
Anyway, that's the kind of work that I hate...but there is a kind of work that I actually love and that's cooking, baking, roasting, breading ...I dare say it compensates my severe shortcomings in the cleaning area. I've made a habit of baking bread every week-end, I use whole wheat flour and lots of seeds (poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flax seeds). It's a lot healthier and it goes great with almost any dish you might crave for.

16 comments:

Petro Neagu said...

Oh, I thought it's only an error and they will be fixing it in about 72 hours...Well, I guess I need to work on my wordpress transfer or buy my own domain. Let's hope it's only temporary :)
Apart from that, I think you are a wonderful cook and a lovely, smart, creative, adorable version of a "house wife" :)

Kisses

Robert Bourne said...

they did my blog awhile ago.. and it still isn't back to where it was...I'm coming over for fresh baked bread.... :)

The Furries of Whisppy said...

I think my husband wishes and wishes I would cook for him regularly. Haha.
We are complete opposites. I absolutely LOVE to clean. Cooking on the other hand, isn't something I enjoy...at all.

Scarlett Knight said...

I had no idea that url-changing was going on! What crap!

Petro Neagu said...

Hi, my dear girl crush :)
Just to let you know I've added you to my blogroll on another blog I've just started (Google scared me with that blogspot.ro thingy). It's still "raw and not polished at all but if you'd like to visit it sometimes, here's the link http://theseamanmom.wordpress.com/

Many hugs

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I too have been having google issues...

I Love, Love , love to bake...dusting, not so much.

I would love to know your bread recipe, please post if you feel like sharing.

This post is why I enjoy our blog, you are so rel and honest!

Have a great week, Elizabeth

Sissym said...

Hi!

I've also got muddled with Google, but I think it was correcting errors and it stood ok. WordPress plataform is more elaborate, I do not have time to pay attention how to do, so ... I'm even on blogspot.

kisses

Mynx said...

After one too many frustrations with Blogger, I went to the "dark side" (wordpress) at the beginning of the year.
I do love it,it was a risk and not all of the followers I had found at Blogger followed me over.
It can be more complicated I believe if you have your own domain but I just have the free option and brought over all my blogger posts (not hard)
It is a personal choice but a lot of people are doing it. I suggest open a free blog and see how it feels before you jump.

Angelina C. Hansen said...

I wish you could wake up and bake at my cabin in the woods. No juicy spiders. Hubby hates them. Now you've got me thinking about my bloggery, blogspotty blog. I haven't noticed any changes. Is that because I'm in the U.S.?

unikorna said...

Precisely Angelina, only countries others than US have this problem ;).

Catherine said...

Baking bread weekly is wonderful and so much healthier than store bought.

Grandma`s Goulash said...

I've been baking bread for years. When I became too weak to knead it, I invested in a bread machine. Although you can let it bake in the machine, I prefer to remove after it has risen and do the shaping and last rise.

Hope things straighten out with your blogspot account. You should consider getting your own domain. There are Blogger settings that you can set to automatically redirect traffic to your new domain name. My ratings went up after I got my own domain name. I don't know if that will solve your widget problems, however. I have one Blogger and one self-hosted Wordpress account. The Blogger is the easiest to set up, but Wordpress is far more flexible and IMHO, worth the effort to learn.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your visit and kinds words.. I love homemade bread.. Thank you for the great post.
Blessings,
Penny

writingmusings said...

Sorry about Google, but your breads look DELICIOUS!!! I love pastry and bread. Judith

Tio Noi said...

Every time I read something in this blog I like it more,so funny and real and honest,especially the bit about fat spiders in the curtains ! Also,yes,I know it's great to eat your own homemade breads...I do it as well...

Delia E said...

Regarding the spiders (if you asked me I'd tell you "that article about the spiders" :D ) - they either eat each other or, worse, they are pregnant! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...